- Describe the purpose of a quality management system and explain the eight principles of quality management.
- Explain the purpose, content and interrelationship of ISO9000, ISO9001, ISO9004 and ISO19011.
- Interpret requirements of ISO9001 within the context of an audit.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of auditors and lead auditors.
- Plan and conduct an audit in accordance with ISO19011.
- Report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding nonconformity reports.
- Undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Defining the purpose and structure of the ISO 9000 family of Standards and the interrelationship between ISO 9001, TQM and Good Management Practice.
- Principles of auditing, the audit cycle and the 8 Quality Management Principles
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning - use of checklists, resources and timing
- Selection of audit teams
- Interviewing and evaluation of information and findings
- Observation - objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Communicating and presenting audit reports
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement - planning, monitoring and results
- The evaluation of data collection and analysis systems, including customer satisfaction, goal achievement and process monitoring
- Accreditation and certification activities
- Sources of information and further development